Choosing the Right Host for Your Child
Our dedicated and experienced guardianship team will carefully select a suitable RUYANG Host Family who will welcome your child into their home at weekends and half-terms. We work closely with you, your child, the school and the RUYANG Host Family to ensure that your child is given support and encouragement, so that they can enjoy a safe, happy and successful education the United Kingdom.
As Educational Consultants, we understand the importance of constant contact with tutors, Housemasters/Housemistress, and we are also in a position to speak with schools at the highest level about your child’s progress, academically and socially.
With RUYANG’s International Guardian Service you are assured that all aspects of your child’s welfare and progress will be managed professionally by experienced staff. RUYANG’s Educational Guardian Service Department is always on hand to offer help and support to both students and overseas parents. We believe that a happy child is best placed to enjoy academic success and to make the most of all the benefits of an active and fulfilling stay within the UK.
• We have a 24-hour support system in place for all students. Your child can contact a member of our team at any time for information or advice, or in the event of an emergency.
• Communication with school heads, tutors, Housemasters/Housemistresses and your son/daughter puts us in a great position to be able to communicate regularly, with you the parents and to advise on your child’s educational and social progress.
• We comply with all CSCI National Standards.
• We are accredited by AEGIS (Association for the Education and Guardianship of International Students.
• We are full members of ACE (Advisory Centre for Education).
Finding the Right Host Family
Finding each child an individual Host Family under our Guardian Service, that is right for them, is one of our most important tasks.
Parents want to feel secure in the knowledge that their child is safe and cared for and we work hard to ensure all our Host Families meet these requirements. We expect our Host Families to offer the best possible care and a home-from-home, as well as plenty of opportunities for your child to make the most of life in the UK.
Why Our Host Families Are The Best:
• We take the task of finding Host Families very seriously and there are certain key requirements we look for in each one.
• An understanding and empathetic environment for overseas students studying within the UK.
• Knowledge of independent education.
• A genuine interest in the progress and welfare of the child.
• A comfortable and welcoming home with suitable accommodation for the child.
• A willingness to accommodate and understand the child’s culture or religion.
What Kind of Host Family?
• Your child’s needs are our first priority. When finding a Host Family we take the time to get to know the student, which means thinking about his or her personality and their individual needs as well as hobbies, interests and preferences.
• A senior member of our Educational Guardian Service Department visits all prospective Host Families in their homes. We take up professional and personal references and carefully check the background of every Host Family to ensure that your child will be safe and happy in their care. All our Host Families undergo complete Police checks to ensure the safety of all our students.
• Once all our checks are complete, we always arrange a trial weekend to ensure that your child is happy in the Host Family’s company before finalising any arrangements.