Introduction to Ruyang School Placements
Ms. Claire Yang initially set up RUYANG Guardian Service & Education Consultancy as a guardianship and home stay Service for overseas children in British boarding schools. Since the foundation of the company, she has looked after a large number of students in independent schools. The combination of this in-depth knowledge and her experience with University Placements from her home country of Taiwan has led to the introduction of the RUYANG Education Consultancy Department.
Finding the best school for your child is one of your most important decisions. With an international reputation second to none and proven experience in helping International students we can offer you expert, independent, one-to-one guidance on all stages of education. As advisers to thousands of students worldwide, we have a skilled and dedicated team with the time to listen and the experience to help you make the right choices.
We offer you specific guidance according to the needs of your own child. Whether you are looking for the right school, thinking ahead to university and career options, in need of advice about a particular problem, are new to the UK or simply seeking an independent opinion, you’ll find we have the answers
What is School Placement?
- Boarding schools (prep and senior).
- Residential sixth-form colleges for GCSEs or A-Levels.
- International Study Centers offering preparation for boarding schools.
- Schools with a special emphasis, e.g. in sport, music, art.
- Schools with provision for English language support or for special needs, e.g. Dyslexia.
- Based on the information supplied by parents and reports from your child’s last school, we will recommend up to 6 schools for your child and provide you with details on each one.
- We will arrange interviews at the selected schools and accompany your child to these interviews.
- Once places have been offered we will help you and your child choose the most appropriate school.
- We are able to handle all registration and entry documentation on your behalf.
- We will liaise with the chosen school to ensure that your child has a sufficient program of extra English lessons.
- For students with limited English language ability, RUYANG is able to recommend schools that can address their specific needs in preparation for mainstream education in the United Kingdom.
- For older children or children with a good command of the English language, RUYANG’S Educational Consultancy Department may recommend direct entry into a boarding school or college.
How Do I Choose The Right School Or College Placement For My Child?
Making the right choice of school for your child can be one of the most difficult decisions a parent has to make. Whilst the “League Tables” can give an indication of academic results for a given year, the tables ignore everything else a school may have to offer. There are many excellent agents throughout the world who may be able to assist you, but here at Ruyang, we believe we can do even better.
We believe there is always a right school for every student, according on his or her academic progress, skills, interests and personality. Careful selection of a suitable school follows from individual assessment and profiling. This is based on our understanding of education within the United Kingdom, supported by regular visits to boarding schools and International Study Centres, personal contacts, and extensive knowledge of English language schools and summer school extra tuition throughout the United Kingdom. Our experienced educational consultants will provide on-going guidance and support.
There are over 2,000 independent schools and colleges in the UK. Each of them has an individual profile, and addresses certain specific needs. Your local counsellor knows that making the right choice can therefore be difficult and time consuming, and is ready to help. With such long-term experience in the field of education, The Educational Department at Ruyang is able to provide expert advice and guidance for all age groups in:
- Matching the most appropriate school or college to your needs.
- Student profiling and assessment.
- Assistance with applications and enrolment.
- Support with interview arrangements and schedules.
- Subject choices.
- On-going support throughout your studies in the UK.
When selecting a school, the following features need to be taken into account:
- Academic level, curriculum.
- Facilities, e.g. boarding, sports, drama.
- Extra-curricular activities.
- Special needs and support.
- Size, location, staff/pupil ratio.
- Religion Ethos.
In general, Ruyang will assume the role of ‘agent’ for the student during their time in the UK, performing appropriate safe-guarding duties, oversight and serving as liaison between the parents and the school. If we are also serving as Guardian, we will also perform the duties that would normally be performed by a responsible, conscientious parent, such as attending Parents’ evenings, providing accommodation during breaks, holidays and ‘exeats’, and responding to emergencies (see the Guardian Services section). In addition, we will keep the student’s parents informed of their child’s progress, and notify them of any incidents or areas of concern.