Why Use RUYANG As Your Guardianship?
If you live overseas and have a child studying at a boarding school within the UK, the school will insist that your child has a guardian living near the school who can offer a welcoming home at half-terms and at some weekends during term time. Although some families may have relatives in the UK who can act as guardians, this is not always ideal.
With RUYANG’s International Guardian Service you are assured that all aspects of your child’s welfare and progress will be managed professionally by experienced staff. RUYANG’s Educational Guardian Service Department are always on hand to offer help and support to both students and overseas parents. We believe that a happy child is best placed to enjoy academic success and to make the most of all the benefits of an active and fulfilling stay within the UK.
- Our staff have over 30 years combined experience in caring for international students at boarding schools around the world and in the UK, including some of England’s most famous schools.
- Careful selection of a loving and caring Host Family who will provide a safe and happy home for your child at weekends and for half-term holidays.
- A dedicated team who manage all aspects of educational guidance, Social Welfare progress and arrangements for holiday courses.
- A complete clear and trusted financial, travel and administration service. From purchases of their favourite candy bar to the plane ticket home, we will be there for your childs’ every need.
- We have a 24-hour support system in place for all students. Your child can contact a member of our team at any time for information or advice, or in the event of an emergency.
- Communication with school heads, tutors, Housemasters/Housemistresses and your son/daughter puts us in a great position to be able to communicate regularly, with you the parents and to advise on your child’s educational and social progress.
- We comply with all CSCI National Standards.
- We are currently undergoing accreditation by AEGIS (Association for the Education and Guardianship of International Students.
- We are full members of ACE (Advisory Centre For Education).
RUYANG’s Guardian Service Department is currently undergoing inspections and accreditation by AEGIS (The Association for the Education and Guardianship of International Students). AEGIS’s aim is to ensure quality in guardianship provision. Membership of this influential national organisation provides parents, agents and schools with an extra guarantee of the high standards to which we operate, and our commitment to the children in our care.
You can rely on us to:
- Find the right Host Family to offer your child a safe and happy home.
- Help you find the right school and advise on holiday courses and English language support.
- Keep in close touch with your child, the Host Family and the school to monitor academic progress and general welfare.
- Look after all travel arrangements, passport and VISA formalities.
- Ensure that your child is met on arrival in the UK and escorted to and from school at the beginning and end of term.
- Assist with choice of sixth form options, university choices and careers.
- Arrange attendance at parent-teacher meetings and school events.
- Arrange payment of school fees and manage your child’s pocket money.
- Arrange purchase of school uniform and other clothes, birthday presents and authorised items on your behalf, as well as payment for trips.
Finding The Right Host Family
Finding each child an individual Host Family under our Guardian Service, that is right for them, is one of our most important tasks.
Parents want to feel secure in the knowledge that their child is safe and cared-for and we work hard to ensure all our Host Families meet these requirements. We expect our Host Families to offer the best possible care and a home-from-home, as well as plenty of opportunities for your child to make the most of life in the UK.
Why Our Host Families Are The Best:
- We take the task of finding Host Families very seriously and there are certain key requirements we look for in each one.
- An understanding and empathetic environment for overseas students studying within the UK.
- Knowledge of independent education.
- A genuine interest in the progress and welfare of the child.
- A comfortable and welcoming home with suitable acommodation for the child.
- A willingness to accommodate and understand the child’s culture or religion.
What Kind Of Host Family?
- Your child’s needs are our first priority. When finding a Host Family we take the time to get to know the student, which means thinking about his or her personality and their individual needs as well as hobbies, interests and preferences.
- A senior member of our Educational Guardian Service Department visits all prospective Host Families in their homes. We take up professional and personal references and carefully check the background of every Host Family to ensure that your child will be safe and happy in their care. All our Host Families undergo complete Police checks to ensure the safety of all our students.
- Once all our checks are complete, we always arrange a trial weekend to ensure that your child is happy in the Host Family’s company before finalising any arrangements.
The answer is very simple: we offer you the peace of mind, which comes with the knowledge that the best possible arrangements are in place for your child. Once you have chosen a Guardian Service package suitable to your child’s requirements, you can then relax and leave everything to us.
Our dedicated and experienced guardianship team will carefully select a suitable RUYANG Host Family who will welcome your child into their home at weekends and half-terms. We work closely with you, your child, the school and the RUYANG Host Family to ensure that your child is given every support, encouragement and enjoys a safe, happy and successful stay within the UK.
As Educational Consultants, we understand the importance of constant contact with tutors, Housemasters/Housemistress, and we are also in a position to speak with schools at the highest level about your child’s progress, academically and socially.